We’re kicking off a series of virtual tech talks to keep you entertained while you’re stuck at home! These talks are ’roundtable discussions’ with local industry experts, and we’ll be taking questions from the audience – a real back-and-forth conversation.
This time, we’ll be talking about the Unreal Engine, and how it compares to other game engines. We have four industry veterans joining us: Brian Sanchez, Eric Thomas, Dan Hollingsworth, and Todd Kleinhans.
The talk is largely going to be question driven, and we’ll happily take questions from the audience. Here are a few topics we plan to cover:
* The learning curve, and making different kinds of games
* Lighting model, material workflow, Blender to Unreal
* Blueprints, C++, and engine source
* Unreal for VR
* What’s easier / harder in Unreal
* The various systems: animation, particles, etc.
We’ll be meeting on Zoom, and we’ll try to capture the session to post online afterward.