Please note, this is a PAID class. Please follow the link below to register: https://generalassemb.ly/education/python-fundamentals-bootcamp/austin/104966
About This Workshop:
Whether you have experience in programming or are looking to get started for the first time, this class will put you on the fast track to honing your python and data analysis skills. Python is a versatile and widely-used programming language with many applications. This workshop explores Python’s place in the scientific ecosystem, and how the language, with several readily-available open-source libraries, can serve as a powerful tool for data analysis. In this bootcamp, you’ll get hands-on programming experience in Python that you’ll be able to immediately apply in the real world. This workshop is for analysts, product managers, mathematicians, business managers or anyone else that wants to learn how to code in Python. It is also a recommended refresher for students planning to enroll in General Assembly’s upcoming Data Science course.
• Ability to write and run Python scripts
• Ability to use Python for basic data analysis tasks (data cleaning and reformatting, exploration, analysis)
• Understanding of the possibilities opened up through a better understanding of Python
• Laptop with the installation of Anaconda for Python 3.7, which is a free distribution of python that includes libraries of open-source python tools (https://www.anaconda.com/download).
• Some prior experience with use of computers for analysis or repetitive tasks – such as Excel.