Have you ever struggled to move a key innovation project forward at work? Based on his experiences running Design Sprints for top companies, Douglas Ferguson wrote Beyond the Prototype to offer practical advice for people shifting from discovery to realization. Full of stories from companies like Google, Liberty Mutual, and Adobe, this guide outlines six steps that every team should take to launch their vision.
At this month’s meetup get a sneak peek of Beyond the Prototype, a roadmap for navigating the fuzzy area between ideas and outcomes, before its official launch on September 12th. Douglas will offer insights from each chapter as well as a Q&A session about getting innovation projects unstuck. This is a great meetup to attend if you’re curious about what comes after the Design Sprint and how to keep the momentum going.
1. Intro & Design Sprint 101 – An overview of the process
2. The Post-Sprint Slump – Why teams struggle after a sprint
3. Wrap It Up – Unpack what you learned
4. Share Your Story – Show what you accomplished
5. Chart the Course – Formulate the path forward
6. Expand the Inner Circle – Gather the right perspectives and skills
7. Cultivate the Culture – Inspire the sprint mindset
8. Get Guidance – Know when to reach out to the experts
9. Expert Tips for Planning Superb Sprints