**WHAT IS IT ABOUT?**
We’ll be discussing how to land a job in the tech sector, including tips for searches, applications, networking, and interviews.
Our guest speakers / panelists will discuss:
1. Finding Roles
– How do I find opportunities (networking, searches, etc.)?
– What does the application and screening process look like?
– What are tips/tricks for making this easier?
– How do you deal with implicit / explicit bias in this process?
3. Technical Interviews
– What are key problem-solving techniques to apply during screening interviews and technical / white-board interviews?
– How is this process different during the pandemic?
– For #1-3, where can I find resources to help improve my chances of landing a job?
**WHO IS SPEAKING?**
Our speakers and panel will include industry folks from a few area companies. Right now, this list includes:
Software Engineer @ Hulu
Kevin Lim (he/him)
Director of Software Engineering @ NBC News
Senior Director, Customer Experience @ F5
Senior Technical Trainer @ F5
Spandita Gujrati (she/her)
Engineer 2 @ Nordstrom
Sr. Data Engineer @ Tableau
**WHAT IS THE FORMAT?**
We’ll have a quick introduction followed by guest speakers covering the questions above. Then we’ll switch over to moderated Q&A.
**DO I HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT? A STUDENT?**
No and no. This Meetup is open to all who are interested and is meant to be an introduction to the topic.
**WHO IS SPONSORING?**
North Seattle College’s Application Development BAS Degree Program is providing our Zoom hosting space:
**HOW DO I ATTEND AND PARTICIPATE?**
This will be a virtual Meetup event. We will post information about our Zoom Meeting location. You’ll need to download the appropriate software for your computer, tablet, or mobile device.
Questions for the Q&A will be handled via the Zoom chat functionality, with instructions presented during the Meetup.